Holiday Lights at Home Rules
1. Participation is open to all residents in Cherokee County, GA.
2. Entry fee is $25.00 for Residential Categories and $50.00 for the Business Category.
3. Employees or Board Members of the Anna Crawford Children’s Center are not eligible to win prizes.
4. Online Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm on December 15th, 2020.
5. Judging for residential homes will be conducted from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. the week of 12/20/18-12/23/2018.
6. Judging for Local Businesses will be held on the Anna Crawford Holiday Lights at Home Facebook Page and the deadline for community votes will be 11:59 pm on 12/20/2020.
7. Santa will announce winners on Facebook Live through our Holiday Lights at Home Facebook Page on December 23th at 8:00pm.
8. The contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from the road and outside the residence only.
9. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
10. Participants agree to have one or more photographs or videos of their decorated residence exterior posted by the Anna Crawford Children’s Center and/or published in various forms of media. The participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication of the photograph.
11. Residential judging criteria will include:
[a] COVERAGE: Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations.
[b] ATMOSPHERE: Overall presentation and Christmas Spirit.
[c] SHOWMANSHIP: Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, story line, or theme.
12. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on all nights. All Participants will be provided a yard sign to identify their entry for Holiday Lights at Home and will be returned to the center at the completion of the competition.
13. Prizes will be a Locally Sourced Gift: One 1st place prize; one 2nd place prize, one 3rd place prize for each category. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner announced for Local Businesses for bragging rights.
1. COVERAGE (0-10 POINTS) This scores how well homeowners have covered their home and yard with lights and decorations based on entry theme.
2. ATMOSPHERE (0-10 POINTS) This scores the level of Christmas Spirit you feel when viewing the home. The atmosphere can come from a variety of different sources. Lights and decorations are not necessarily the only variables in calculating this score.
3. SHOWMANSHIP (0-10 points) This scores the home owner’s attention to detail. An obvious amount of forethought and planning should be apparent. Special touches like the creative use of lights and decorations or the use of music and/or projection equipment should result in a higher score.
1. CHRISTMAS TREE VISIBLE FROM THE ROAD (+ 5 POINTS) If the Christmas Tree is visible from the street award these bonus points.
2. EXTRA EFFORT (+3 POINTS) If it is apparent that the owner has gone above and beyond, they deserve some extra points.
3. HOLIDAY SEASON BONUS (+2 POINTS) If the home is on a street with more than half of the other homes illuminated with Christmas Lights, plus 2.